at 28 Oct 2017
This article demonstrates how to install driver for USB to Serial adapter on Windows 8. USB to Serial adapter is available in Carrier Board Accessory Kit.
- Connect the USB to Serial adapter to the USB port of your Windows 8 PC/Laptop. Go to Device Manager and see under Ports (CoM & LPT) section, a device named "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port" must be present there. If the driver is installed properly, you will be able to use the adapter otherwise a warning icon will be present with the adapter name as shown below:
Continue reading article if driver is not installed properly.
- Now we need to install the driver from the CD you have got with USB to Serial adapter package. Insert the CD in your system, go to CD Drive > 2303 all driver > WIN8. Double click the executable file 2303 Win8 Driver Installer.exe.
An installation wizard will open as shown below:
- Click Next, read the License Agreement terms carefully. Accept the terms and click on Next.
- After installation is done, click Finish to close the installation wizard.
- Go to Device Manager, right click on USB to Serial adapter name and select "Update Driver Software...".
Following window will open:
- Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".
- Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer". A new window will appear showing compatible hardware as shown below:
- Select the driver version 188.8.131.52 [7/31/2007] and click Next. Driver will be updated.
- Now Device Manager will show the updated driver (with no warning) and adapter is ready for use.